Friday 23 May 2014

Military Peace



I didn't really know what the term 'military peace' meant when I first heard the term from the Lord....but a few days after I heard it,  an amazing program came on the television explaining Roman military peace!

When the Romans took over an area and conquered the enemy, they established a military compound like a fortress.   It was completely safe on the inside and there were no openings to allow the enemy any access.  This is called military peace.   Let's call this guarding your heart and mind.  Isaiah 26:3 says: "You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose (both its inclination and its character) is stayed on You,  because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You."  Military Peace comes with a guard and requires dedication and watchfulness.  We are called to be Watchmen on the wall calling out the alarm and ENFORCING our peace even when there is turmoil outside.  "I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, an in Him I confidently trust...A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.  Only a spectator shall you be...."  (Psalm 91:2,7,8).  We are in Military Peace - a spectator to the turmoil.



In a time of challenge and struggle when in the natural everything around you seems impossible and there is no way out,  God says,  " FEAR NOT,  Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The Lord your God, who is going before, will fight for you."  Deuteronomy 1: 29-30

I think the bleaker or more desperate the situation the more God loves to show himself MIGHTY!   Deuteronomy 3:22,  "You shall not fear them, for the Lord your God shall fight for you."

If God is for you,  who can be against you?   His word says in Romans 8:31,  "What then shall we say to all this?  If God is for us, who can be against us?  Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?"

"In my distress I called to the Lord, and He answered me.  From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry". Jonah 2:2

"...Whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that it is granted to you and you will get it!" Mark 11:24.  One of the keys is not to be double-minded but to believe God no matter what your circumstance is.  James 1:8 says, " a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute, (he is) unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything (he thinks, feels, decides).  Establish in your heart what the Word of God says about your situation and then stand on His promises in faith.  Enforce Military Peace over your situation and this promise, and then rest and trust in Him and watch what He does.

Whatever you may be facing remember that He will never leave you or forsake you but is walking through the fire with you!  Expect a great outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment